A Travel Agency… with a Twist
Trip Booking Specialist
Pack Up + Go plans vacations around the United States, but our travelers don’t find out their destination until the day they depart. We’re revolutionizing domestic travel by using the element of surprise to heighten how American travelers perceive and experience their country.
What is the role?
The Trip Booking Specialist coordinates the core component of our business – our Trips! They utilize their knowledge of the travel industry, US cities, and planning in order to coordinate unforgettable surprise getaways for our travelers.
Managing various tasks related to trip booking, including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing + analyzing travelers’ Pre-Trip Surveys
- Selecting travelers’ surprise destinations
- Booking travel, accommodations, and activities with various travel/hospitality providers
- Coordinating pre-trip communication with travelers
- Working closely with our Customer Experience Team to curate itineraries, and the entire traveler journeyWho are we looking for?
Pack Up + Go is looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail and who is willing to go above and beyond to plan unforgettable experiences. A qualified candidate will have a base knowledge of US cities and what they have to offer, and is a quick learner. We strongly prefer candidates with previous roles in the hospitality, travel, or planning industries. We are a small team with an all-hands-on deck attitude!
- The Trip Booking Specialist will be responsible for providing their own computer.
- This role will be full time, 40 hours/week, 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday
- The Trip Booking Specialist reports directly to the Director of Travel Operations.Vacation Policy:We have a flexible vacation + personal day policy. We ask that all members of the team respect peak business times and are mindful of giving advance notice for time off so that our small team can be prepared.
- Pack Up + Go offers a Simple IRA contribution matching program up to 3%
- Pack Up + Go offers health, dental, and vision insurance at a reduced rate for employees
- Pack Up + Go offers 12 weeks of paid parental leave, available after 12 months of employmentCOVID-19 Updates:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Pack Up + Go team has transitioned to working remotely for the foreseeable future. All employees are expected to be available during business hours by email, Slack, phone, or other preferred methods of communication as determined by the employee and manager. As the pandemic progresses, the team will have the opportunity to work from the Pittsburgh office on a flexible basis. The specific details around the work from home policies post-pandemic are to be determined.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.