Travel Marketing Coordinator
This role in a nutshell: create and execute a plan that captures the totally incredible experience solo female travelers have on our tours and share it with the world
From social, email, and traditional to community, partnership, and gorilla, you will be the queen of our marketing at The Solo Female Traveler Network. Working alongside the founder, you will create and execute marketing plans and constantly be thinking of new ways to tell the world how amazing our Meetup Tours and community are.
✈️ Free and discounted travel
😻 Free 24/7 access to WeWork
🕶 Awesome performance rewards
🤜🏽 Opportunity to make a big impact on a highly innovative team
Our next hire must have:
👯♀️ At least 2 years experience in marketing
📸 Some skills including SEO, paid ads, content writing, content creation, etc.
🤑 Some kind of social media following or proven results to show off
🛺 An already experienced traveler, preferably with some solo trips
Who we are:
✨ Empowering and supporting women around the world is our mission
✨ A small but mighty team
✨ Totally obsessed with travel and creating life-changing adventures
✨ Hyper-focused on community
✨ Fun, lighthearted people with huge dedication and drive
Still interested? Let’s get into it…
The Solo Female Traveler Network was founded by a solo female traveler who needed a community of her own and has grown to a global community with a worldwide following of over 500k women. Our passionate team is fueled by empowering women to travel the world by planning, organizing, and delivering unforgettable experiences on our Meetup Tours to 22 countries and counting.
At The Solo Female Traveler Network, we attribute much of the success of our tours to our amazing community. We’re searching for a qualified Travel Marketing Coordinator to amplify the experience on our tours and help achieve our immediate and long-term business goals.
Your job is to obsess over crafting our message and finding the perfect way to deliver it. You will be responsible for our social channels, email marketing efforts, marketing partnerships (influencers, affiliates, etc), collecting leads, and guiding our communities to our travel opportunities. This is an ultra creative role where you should feel empowered to think big with help from the team to execute wisely.
Our marketing is different from most because we are hyper-focused on community and have built the largest community for solo female travelers. Part of your job is to nurture and grow that community while also growing our reach in more traditional marketing efforts.
- Lead the development and implementation of our marketing efforts
- Find new ways to grow our community and extend overall brand reach
- Plan and execute marketing and advertising campaigns
- Assist with growing and managing our new membership community
- Suggest engaging content plans and exciting community activities
- Listen to community feedback and relay to our internal team
- Coordinate with other teams on marketing initiatives, product/service developments, and to ensure brand consistency
- Promote our community on social media channels
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with a strong commitment to exceptional delivery
- Imaginative and inventive, creatively finds new ways, ideas or solutions
- Approaches challenges in a positive and steadfast manner
- Team player, with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the overall growth of the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit and belief in The Solo Female Traveler Network’s mission
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing is highly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working in a startup environment, or in a role that directly impacted a business’ bottom line
- Prior work experience as a marketing leader
- Experience developing and launching initiatives for online communities
- Expert knowledge of effective marketing strategies
- A firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with little supervision or direction
- You love to travel!
- Free and discounted travel. We love to send our team on our tours. Both free and heavily discounted travel opportunities pop up regularly, plus we always take requests!
- Free 24/7 access to WeWork. Think beautifully decorated space with a view, lots of community vibes with other freelancers, cold brew and kombucha on tap, and plenty of space for changes of scenery. Whether you are meeting the team or coming solo, you have access to our private office and WeWorks around the world.
- Awesome performance rewards. From Starbucks treats to free trips to big bonuses, we love to celebrate your wins.
- Opportunity to make a big impact on a highly innovative team. We love big ideas and trying them out. As a small, but amazing, team you have the opportunity to stand out and shine. No big corporation anonymity here.
This role is full-time with an annual salary between $40,000 and $50,000 depending on experience and related skills. You should come motivated by accomplishment and feel excited to take ownership of this position. We are looking for someone to grow with our organization, and plan to invest the time and resources into the right candidate to help achieve their professional goals.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t email other addresses you find on our website.
The subject line should be “<the position you are applying for> + <the place you found this job ad>”.
Please be sure to include any samples of your work you may have like IG handles, blogs or websites you contributed to, campaigns you created, etc. This is not required but helpful.