Who are we?
J/PR is a global communications firm specializing in public relations, content creation, and social media. We work with some of the best hotels, resorts and lifestyle brands in the world, including Relais & Chateaux, Vail Resorts Hospitality and Hilton Luxury Brands to name a few. You can see our current client list here. Being a part of this international powerhouse agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished hotels, resorts, restaurants, real estate projects, and destinations across the globe, elevating your career (and your frequent flier status). We tell compelling original stories to connect brands to their target audiences. We’re passionate, professional, and purpose-driven. We’re dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients, and each other.
Forbes said “There are the Women Deciding Where You’re Traveling,” and Inc. Magazine featured J/PR in an article titled, “How Two Millennial-ish Women Built a PR Powerhouse.” This is in addition to numerous awards like PR News Best Places to Work, New York Observer PR Power 5 for five years in a row, The PR Net 100, Forbes Five Star Agency, PR Couture Spotlight Agency of the Year, and Crain’s Best Places to Work (to name a few).
At J/PR, we’re incredibly intentional about our company culture, and we whole-heartedly believe in a work-life blend, where you’ll be empowered to continue learning and growing through travel, mentorship, training and retreats, along with a connected company culture.
Who are you?
Creative, collaborative, connected, and consumer savvy. You strive to be your best and help others be their best. You’re driven, dedicated, and solution-oriented. You bring a time-tested roster of consumer media and influencer relationships, and proven experience pitching successful storylines for CPG, lifestyle, and consumer brands both big and small. Motivated and passionate, you strive for needle-moving coverage and awareness for your clients. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Senior Publicist is seasoned in media relations, the client go-to, and is starting to work on account strategy when not flawlessly securing a top-tier placement. S/he plays a crucial role in not just delivering big hits, features, and profile stories for clients, but also begins taking a bigger role in helping Account Leads manage the team and leading client-facing interactions. At this stage, the ideal person has solid consumer/lifestyle media relationships in place, meets with media regularly, manages influencer relations and partnerships, and is constantly conceiving pitch angles based on sound research to get the media engaged and excited. In this role, the ideal candidate will take proactive ownership, overseeing the strategy for media relations-focused tasks, looking at accounts holistically to understand what is needed, and then jumping in for team members at all levels to help/alleviate where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Day-to-day client go-to
- A proactive approach to managing client needs/ expectations
- Lead portions of client calls
- May lead smaller accounts with senior leadership oversight
- Assist with strategy, planning, implementation, and evaluation of PR activities
- Creative brainstorming, program and pitch development
- Build relationships with influencers and brands to bring to your clients
- Have a wide range of go-to media contacts in the consumer and lifestyle spaces, making you (and your clients) look like a star as you secure top-tier national press and features
- Proactive media relations (pitching, coordinating media/influencer product testing, reviewing & approving media lists) is very much the focus of your day to day
- Regularly dig into newspapers, magazines, broadcast, blogs, and digital pieces to find new angles, new editors, and new contributors to create new relationships
- Seeks out influencers who will execute KPI social coverage
- Organize pitch priorities; assign and oversee the progress of pitches to team members with the support of account leadership
- Regularly coordinate media meetings with journalists
- Secure and host media and influencers for media appointments, and events
- Oversee the workflow of junior team members
- Begin to plan 90-Day and Annual plans to impact client goals and KPI’s
- Regularly lead the junior team through projects to make check marks against goals and KPI’s
- You confidently secure meetings with relevant brands that may impact your client’s goals
- There is an organization or two you’ve become attached to outside the office where you’re networking and creating unique connections
- You seek out opportunities for learning by attending conferences, workshops, and events on behalf of the agency
- And other tasks, projects, or duties as required
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 3-5 years of public relations experience in consumer/lifestyle arenas, can include travel, hospitality, culinary, preferably having worked in an agency or in-house position
- Must have stellar consumer media references
- Must have strong and proven relationships with consumer, lifestyle, and national media contacts
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong understanding of Influencer relations and engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
J/PR offers a competitive benefits package, inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary
- Year-end Discretionary Bonus
- Hybrid office schedule
- Hotel Trade
- Birthday PTO
- Accrued PTO
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
J Public Relations strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
J Public Relations recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. J Public Relations may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.