The Sales Coordinator processes sales data, prepares correspondence, generates sales progress reports, sales commission reports, routine reports on market trends, and other routine sales related records and reports.
- Assists in the effort of sales managers to obtain business for CRVA.
- Assists sales staff with other clerical and administrative support.
- Operates computer and appropriate software.
- Proofreads records or forms.
- Maintains related sales files and office records.
- Answers telephone, conveys messages, and performs miscellaneous duties.
- May answer routine questions about facilities, services, and sales status.
- Assists sales managers with preparation for travel.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Informs and educates partners on how to access the Partner Portal.
- Approaches all customers and visitors in a service-oriented manner and works to enhance the experience of having an event in Charlotte.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the Charlotte area regarding transportation, hotels, restaurants, attractions, shopping and parks and recreation facilities.
- Responds to telephone, email and online Cvent inquiries for leads 49 on peak and below.
- Supports clients with any informational or partner referral requests related to hosting their meeting in Charlotte.
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. Model and be accountable ensuring the customers are always put first by living the CRVA Service Philosophy to deliver memorable customer experiences.
- Champion CRVA’s mission, vision and core values and comply with organizations policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- College degree strongly preferred and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Advanced sales and customer service skills
- Ability to analyze consumer data to optimize sales efforts
- Knowledge of trends and regulations in their specific industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff members
- Able to work with other department heads to develop effective marketing strategies
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in staff optimization and team development
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs,
- Treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Eligibility for NC Retirement Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- CRVA University
- Employee 1st Culture
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inclusion to us means respecting all differences and that those differences can drive people and performance to new heights. Our “employee first” culture requires engagement and engagement can’t happen without the voices of many talented and diverse individuals charting our direction.