PR Specialist – North America
As the largest travel B Corp globally Intrepid creates positive change through the joy of travel by offering sustainable, experience-rich travel and providing the best travel experiences ever, for both people and the planet. Travel to us is a force for good and we want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. So, let’s change the way we all see the world, together as now more than ever, the world needs Intrepid people.
Become a part of our Intrepid Story:
As a PR Specialist you will be working as part of the North American PR & Communications team which oversees all Intrepid’s public relations within North America. You will be responsible for providing administrative and creative support to the PR team and will be crucial in executing the North American public relations strategy. This involves growing a broad network of U.S. and Canadian media contacts, writing press releases and pitches, organizing media trips, pitching editors and journalists, identifying new media opportunities and expanding outreach to new outlets and mediums! You will collaborate with many departments within Intrepid, in addition to an external agency team and others within the Intrepid brand.
To be successful in this role you will bring the below experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably focused on journalism, communications, marketing, media or a related field
- 3 years media relations and communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills specifically writing press releases and pitches
- Basic knowledge of the travel industry and travel media
- Strong understanding of the news cycle and media markets in North America
Intrepid is a purpose-driven organization that is both the world’s largest adventure travel company and travel B Corp. We are thrilled to be growing our public relations team. With an open and flexible work environment, we measure success on our team based on impact and innovation rather than hours in a day. We also aim to provide ample opportunity for growth and development but also lean on our team to help us be better every single day.
This is a full-time permanent position based in either the US or Canada and can operate on a hybrid or remote basis.
What it’s like to work for Intrepid:
Our team reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit, our people are comprised of 58 nationalities in 46 countries and Intrepid recognizes that diversity makes us a stronger business. With a commitment to breaking down barriers, we support a culture where people can be themselves. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including First Nation People, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Flexible work options, whether you want to work from home or the office, we have a range of options to suit!
- Experience Intrepid with a free trip every year, travel discounts and 5 days additional leave to help you do this
- Professional development, E-learning, and career progression – We love to see our people succeed
- Employee Assistance Program: A 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
- 20 hours of volunteer leave to make a difference towards causes that are important to you
If you exist to inspire, create, share and lead in what you do, then Intrepid Travel wants to hear from you, we encourage you not to delay your application as we may close advertising early if the right person is identified.
Applications close on the 31st of March 2023