As a Member Engagement Manager, Host Agencies, you will work with Signature’s member host agencies with a strong focus on helping each agency achieve goals with Signature’s preferred partners as well as assisting them to engage with the Signature marketing, technology, and training tools. In this position, you will develop sales and engagement plans for each agency in your portfolio and work directly with the agency management, franchise owners, and independent contractors to ensure they reach their annual goals.
Signature is looking for a passionate and highly motivated candidate. To be successful in this position, you will need to be able to use your creative skills and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire independent contractors and franchise owners. The Member Engagement Manager should excel at relationship building and enjoy an ever-changing environment. This is a great opportunity to combine sales skills, strategic thinking, and enthusiasm.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The position’s primary responsibilities are, but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Director, Member Engagement, and VP, Member Acquisition and Member Engagement in devising and implementing initiatives that increase member engagement and retention to grow revenue
- Lead the business development efforts for a portfolio of host member agencies
- Proactively and independently work with host member agencies to develop and maintain relationships with agency management and independent contractors
- Have project “ownership” mentality
- Build a detailed understanding of the Member’s business and database to help develop a successful, strategic approach to Member Engagement with annual and quarterly engagement goals
- Develop a customized sales and engagement plan for each individual member in the assigned portfolio
- Build a communication plan with objectives for each call focused on increasing preferred supplier production and engagement with the Signature tools
- Create a customized plan for each host agency to increase engagement with their independent contractors
- Analyze member sales reports and work with assigned host member agencies to grow preferred supplier sales
- Track all member communication in Signature’s CRM, Sugar CRM
- Serve as the member agency liaison for assigned host members for all Signature opportunities and proactively suggest the agency when opportunities arise
- Communicate member needs, feedback, and industry intelligence with Signature staff to enhance Signature’s value with its host member agencies
- Successfully master Signature’s technology tools including booking engines, CRMs, and mobile technology, and train others on these tools
- Develop and present presentations to train and develop skills with the Signature tools
- Assist with implementation of new members
- Work with Senior Director, Member Engagement to develop plans for each new member host agency to ensure they are fully engaged within 12 months.
- Facilitate implementation process including training and ongoing calls with agency managements through the first year
- Assess and solve incoming member agency inquires via email and phone
- Coordinate with pertinent Signature departments to facilitate independent contractor profile set-ups, branch set-ups, mergers, and acquisitions for host members
- Assist with Signature social media accounts by serving as an admin and moderator and assisting with member approvals and answering questions.
- Recognize and thank members throughout the year when they reach new business milestones, celebrate birthdays, etc.
- Engage with Signature internal departments to ensure overall knowledge of all Signature programs and services
- Attend Signature events and company meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree; however, previous travel industry experience will also be taken into consideration
- 5+ years of experience in travel industry sales with a supplier working as a business development manager or similar position with a proven track record in sales
- Experience in account management to develop sales and marketing plans with travel agencies is required
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to educate, train and motivate others
- Ability to analyze sales trends and make recommendations for improved performance
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including experience with developing business plans and timelines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a deadline-driven environment
- Work history demonstrating success in setting and achieving goals
- Outstanding people skills with emphasis on building strong relationships
- Cooperative team player with a positive attitude
- Plan, organize, and manage the position independently and pro-actively
- Some travel is required including new member implementation, agency events and training, as well as Signature events and company meetings
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
We offer a competitive compensation plan, which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K – Fully vested matching contribution up to 4% of gross pay
- Employee recognition program – Coworker of the month/year
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for travel-related fees including Passport renewal, TSA Pre-check, IATAN annual renewal
- Annual travel incentive
- A discretionary annual bonus pool
- Professional development and training
- Employee referral program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Additional nine paid holidays annually
About Signature Travel Network
Signature Travel Network® is a member-owned travel cooperative, headquartered in El Segundo, California with a regional office in New York, New York. The network was established in 1956, and today includes more than 290 travel agencies with over 600 retail locations in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Australia, Greece, New Zealand, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Signature members include more than 10,000 travel advisors worldwide that collectively generate more than $8 billion in annual travel sales. Signature works with the world’s leading tour and cruise companies and as an industry leader, our vision includes forging partnerships with the most respected travel companies and delivering state-of-the-art technology, marketing, and training programs to impact both Signature members and partners. In 2017, 2019, and 2022, Signature earned the distinction of being one of the Best Places to Work by the LA Business Journal.
Job Type: Full-time
The organization follows all local health guidelines. Proof of COVID19 vaccination is required to work in the office, attend in-person company activities and travel for business. Accommodation will be considered for a religious or medical concern.