Intrepid Travel was born in 1989 with the simple mission to create positive change through the joy of travel.
More than 30 years later, we’re proud to be the world’s largest travel B Corp with more than 950 small group trips in over 100 countries. After all these years, we’ve stayed true to our mission, ensuring our adventures are good for the places we go, good for the communities we visit and good for our travellers. That’s why we carbon offset all our trips and support local communities but we’re not stopping there. We want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. Do you want to join us?
Your role, and all the fun stuff you’ll do:
As the Marketing Manager, Brand & Partnerships for North America you will play a crucial role in building brand awareness and demand in the USA and Canada. With direction from the Head of Marketing, NA, you will drive the development and execution of large brand marketing campaigns and build value-aligned and strategic brand partnerships.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, you will support and help build the wider marketing strategy and are expected to drive top of funnel KPIs. Although highly focused on D2C activities, you will also support and advise the Industry Partnerships team in marketing activity.
The Marketing Manager, Brand & Partnerships will execute key priorities including:
- Develop and execute top-of-funnel brand marketing campaigns, with a focus on brand partnerships and integrated brand campaigns. Manage brand marketing budget and hold accountability for ROI.
- Collaborate with media agencies and vendors to negotiate media buys and secure placements (OOH, Audio, Print, Digital etc.) that align with our target audience and campaign goals.
- Based on experience, may manage and mentor marketing coordinator(s) and/or marketing specialist(s).
- Work closely with the global marketing team to adapt and implement global campaigns to the North American market. Work closely with internal stakeholders such as creative teams, brand managers, and product owners to ensure media campaigns align with broader marketing and business objectives.
- Identify, develop, and manage strategic partnerships with external brands, organizations, media partners and influencers that align with Intrepid Travel’s values and mission.
- With the Head of Marketing, manage all aspects of partnership programs, including outreach, negotiations, contract management, and performance tracking.
- Analyze and report on the performance of all marketing and partnership initiatives, using data to inform future strategy and tactics.
- Support the Industry Partnerships team to ensure our industry partners have coordinated marketing strategies to promote the Intrepid brand and drive sales of Intrepid product.
This is a full-time permanent position, that can operate on a hybrid basis out of our office in Toronto or remotely from the US or Canada for the right candidate.
A bit about you:
These skills and experience are preferred. If you think you’ve got what we need, we want to hear from you.
- 5+ years of experience in brand marketing, partnerships, or a related field.
- People management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of top-of-funnel brand marketing channels and tactics, including OOH, podcast, print, events and digital marketing.
- Proven track record of developing and managing successful value-aligned partnerships with other brands, organizations, or influencers.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to inform strategy and decision-making.
You’ll be a fast learner and have keen attention to detail. Your ability to identify opportunities and think quickly and strategically about trending news will be the catalyst to your success in this role. Most importantly, you will share Intrepid’s core values of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth, and responsibility.
A bit about our people:
Our people reflect the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit. Our team is made up of 58 nationalities across 46 countries, and Intrepid recognises that diversity makes us a stronger business. With a commitment to breaking down barriers, we support a culture where people can be themselves. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including First Nation People, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and people from different ethnicities, races and religions.
- Work-life balance is important to us. That’s why we offer flexible work options, including work from home, with the option to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks a year!
- You can experience Intrepid yourself with a FREE trip every year, plus an extra week of leave to enjoy it. And score further travel discounts for you, family and close friends.
- We support e-learning and professional development, with diverse global career opportunities.
- We provide an employee Assistance Program, a 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
- We want to support the difference you can make to causes that are important to you. That’s why we offer 20 hours of volunteer leave every year.
If you’re here to inspire, create, share and lead in what you do, we want to hear from you. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible – we may close advertising early if the right person is identified.
Applications Close: 31st of May 2023