Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA)
Email Marketing Platform (EMP) manager will be responsible for maximizing the efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of all marketing elements within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) platform. This role will primarily work with the Marketing and Operations teams to oversee marketing campaigns and journeys that include Email deliverables.
In this role, problem-solving frequently requires analysis of moderately complex issues/problems and collaboration with the various business units engaging with the Salesforce platform. The EMP Manager will need to be strong with SFMC and will help with maintaining data integrity and integrations between our Sales Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
The EMP Manager works closely with and supports both our Sr Manager, Marketing and Sr Manager, Operations & Technology as outlined above with SFMC. In addition, the EMP Manager will oversee email production within the organization and work closely with ATTA’s email production team to schedule, segment, and send email marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Marketing Cloud Administrator Create and maintain lists, data extensions and subscriber lists in Marketing Cloud
- Maintain global/consumer subscriber lists to be sure they are compliant with consumer privacy laws & SFMC best practices
- Develop customer journey emails and drip campaigns when and if needed
- Develop relevant reports and dashboards in Marketing Cloud Monitor Syncing of Marketing Cloud data from Salesforce CRM to Marketing Cloud and back
- Make data-driven decisions to optimize customer solutions
- Complete quality assurance checks on changes to data and journeys Develop and document efficiencies in current and future processes
- Collaborate and train other team members on Marketing Cloud Monitor and stay apprised of trends and updates in the Salesforce suite of tools to take advantage and leverage the full capabilities of Marketing Cloud Email Production Manager
- Managing the master calendar of all email production & distribution for the organization
- Work with the email production team in the creation and sending of all emails
- Other/General: Align work with ATTA’s values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals as set by the President. Other duties as assigned by Sr Manager, Marketing & Sr Manager, Operations & Technology
Desired Skills/Working Conditions:
- Experience in marketing; specifically email marketing management
- Successful candidate must have some work experience (can include internship experience) with Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform and administration (not Salesforce Cloud or Service Cloud), or like platform.
- Prefer knowledge of configuring Marketing Cloud Email Studio, Automation Studio, Journey Builder, Analytics Builder and/or Audience Builder or similar email marketing solutions.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy and experienced in light use of HTML, CSS (emails), analytics tools
- Experience working with cross-functional teams Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced environment
- Experience using digital analytics tools and creating reports that demonstrate measurable results is highly desirable for this role
- Must be organized and possess great project management skills
- Detail-oriented, accountable, with solid follow through, creative thinking and problem solving
- Marketing Cloud Administrator certification desired Ability to work remotely, independently, with little supervision
- High level of competency with Google products: Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to be able to work with a global team
Reports To: Senior Marketing Manager Works closely with: Marketing Team, Operations and Technology Team
Location Preference: This is a global friendly position with a preference to have some working hours aligned with Pacific Time friendly hours.
Hours and Compensation: Part Time hours are available for this position: up to 25 hours a week. Compensation range for a US-based employee is $23 – 27 hourly depending on experience. Contractor rate, if applicable, is based on this range, experience, and cost of living.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter with Resume or CV to Cory Rossnagel, Sr. Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, ATTA requests that you do not include a profile picture nor an address in your application.
ATTA is committed to doing business in an environment of mutual respect and tolerance, treating each other and travelers with respect, professionalism, and conducting business with safety, honesty, and integrity. We’re 100% committed to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, physical appearance, or other facets of personal identity. We will do our best to make accommodations needed for qualified candidates. About Adventure Travel Trade Association Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association is the largest global network of adventure travel leaders. Our community is made up of ~30,000 individual guides, tour operators, lodges, travel advisors, tourism boards, destination marketing and management organizations, outdoor educators, gear companies and travel media who share a belief and commitment to sustainable tourism. The connections and creativity of this vibrant community come together both virtually and in person to create and deliver the solutions that propel our businesses and our communities toward a responsible and profitable future.
Adventure Travel Conservation Fund
In 2016 the ATTA partnered with other leaders from the adventure travel industry to start the Adventure Travel Conservation Fund (ATCF), a nonprofit that provides funding, connections and an international spotlight on projects that protect the cultural and natural resources which underpin the adventure tourism industry. 100% of membership dues go towards funding these international projects. Each year members nominate projects, which are then vetted and finally voted upon by the ATCF membership.