Natural Habitat Adventures (Nat Hab), a Boulder, Colorado-based adventure travel company focused on nature and wildlife, is seeking a Trip Owner for our U.S. National Parks Programs. The Trip Owner is a member of the Adventure Operations team, the department that coordinates all logistics behind Nat Hab’s global slate of trips. This position is primarily responsible for the complete planning and execution of trips in Nat Hab’s United States National Parks portfolio, working closely with third-party partners, field staff and other members of the department.
- Develop, organize and operate Nat Hab’s trip itineraries to the highest possible standards.
- Liaise and negotiate with operators and/or vendors to manage all trip logistics and required reservations, such as hotel nights, restaurants, trip activities, permits and transportation.
- Provide content for and maintain digital and print marketing materials, monitor sales performance and gross margin, and develop trip pricing.
- Organize, build and ensure the complete accuracy of dates, pricing and other key trip details in our CRM software and on the Nat Hab website.
- Provide support for field staff, helping to ensure trip quality and safety as well as branding in the field.
- Act as a resource for in-house Adventure Specialist and Guest Services colleagues regarding trip-specific information such as itinerary, hotel, meal and transportation details.
- Ensure guides are prepared with pre-trip instructions and complete traveler-related information.
- Act as a problem-solver for guides, field staff and operators as required, including during nights and weekends, if necessary. Trip Owners are also responsible for Nat Hab’s after-hours phone approximately four weeks a year for emergency coverage.
- Continually review and implement feedback from guests and guides to improve future departures.
- Ensure partners are compliant in terms of risk management, contracts, insurance and other details.
- Assist in the planning and execution of field staff training retreats locally and around the world.
- Review and approve invoicing from vendors.
The position may include other responsibilities and opportunities not listed above.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least six years’ experience in a logistics/operations-related role is strongly preferred.
- Prior on-the-ground logistics experience is preferred.
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented; able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable working effectively with a variety of partners in our office and around the world.
- Enjoy adapting to new priorities and deadlines in a rapid-paced and fast-changing environment; able to excel working both individually and as part of a team.
- Computer database software experience is a plus (or the ability to learn quickly).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible, extended and weekend hours as needed.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Salary Range: $60,000 – $85,000 plus annual bonus. This position comes with generous PTO and paid holidays. Benefits include annual site inspection on Nat Hab trips and pro deals on outdoor clothing. Eligibility for medical insurance, participation in 401(k) with company match and parental leave after a predetermined period of time. This is a full-time, exempt position.
In addition to having two weeks of site inspection time on Nat Hab trips when one is a participant on a scheduled program, U.S.-based Trip Owners should expect to travel up to six additional weeks per year in order to set up programs, build field knowledge, improve trip itineraries, potentially develop new programs, and build rapport with partners around the world. Remote employees are generally expected to attend three to four annual day-long retreats in Boulder, Colorado (retreats have recently been modified due to COVID-19). Staff may also be required to come to the office multiple times throughout the year to prepare for upcoming seasons. (COVID-19 vaccination is currently required for entry into the Boulder office).
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Natural Habitat Adventures is a growing company that welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. We seek to foster and maintain a welcoming, inclusive and high-performing culture in our office and in the field. Even if you don’t have experience in the travel sector, we invite you to show us how you can help Nat Hab become an even stronger company.
This job description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an incumbent in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills or abilities required of persons so classified or assigned.