Now Hiring – Copywriter & AdventureTravelNews (ATN) Editor
Currently, the ATTA is seeking a dynamic new team member to take on the role of Copywriter and AdventureTravelNews (ATN) Editor. If you are passionate about the power of travel to be a force for good in the world; you love working with diverse people across many cultures and lived experiences; and you can independently juggle multiple projects and tasks in a remote working environment, this may be the perfect position for you.
Copywriter & ATN Editor Role
The ATTA copywriter/ATN editor is responsible for overall copywriting (American English) and editing tasks throughout ATTA’s various websites, channels, reports, and external communications. As a writer and editor for ATTA you will bring forward the diverse voices and perspectives of our community and industry through the marketing of ATTA’s products and services and storytelling about our community and the value of adventure travel.
What You’ll Do
- Develop tone of voice and style for the ATTA brand.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to AP and ATTA writing guidelines throughout programs including websites, press releases, promotional materials, newsletters, research reports, and event agendas.
- Proofread, re-structure, and edit marketing copy and articles by a diverse group of contributors in order to establish a unified voice while ensuring the integrity of the author’s intent and objective.
- Repurpose and write original content for ATTA membership needs as well as the ATTA brand.
- Write content for ATTA marketing channels to support the delivery of a variety of ATTA products from webinars, AdventureWeeks to education programs and marketing landing pages.
- When available, digest individual ATTA research reports to produce informative report summaries that accompany the report in the research hub. Social media post copy editing
- Manage ATN editorial calendar, planning, and scheduling weekly articles
- Meet with Growth Marketing Manager weekly on editorial content and strategy
- Lead bi-monthly ATN team calls reviewing the editorial calendar, article performance, and content strategy
- Edit and/or write two to three stories for the bi-monthly ATN email newsletter
- Copywriting projects will involve interviews or taking rough content from the team and crafting well-written articles
- Edit press releases and articles that are written by ATTA team and/or outside writers Maintain, and more clearly develop, a voice and style for ATN
- Communicate and work with freelance writers or ATTA community members who contribute trade-focused stories with a specific purpose of bringing diverse voices forward
- When necessary, edit member news stories so they are clearly trade-focused or appropriate for ATN
- Minimum of four years experience in a public relations, communications, journalism, or marketing position in the travel industry or a related industry
- Excellent American English language writing, editing, and proofreading skills Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Experience with Salesforce, Asana, Slack, WordPress and Google Suite is a plus, but not a requirement
Who You Are
- Ability to work remotely
- Plans and meets deadlines.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule. Hours may be long and irregular
- Pays close attention to details Technologically/ technically savvy Strong relationship skills.
- Networking and diplomacy skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Balances multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willing to travel occasionally
Compensation & Relationship Structure
- Reporting Manager: Senior Manager, Marketing
- This is a global-friendly position with a preference to have some working hours aligned with the Pacific time zone.
- Flexible work hours and a virtual work environment
- Paid vacation and sick days and health expense reimbursement in accordance with the ATTA’s time-off policies and procedures
- Compensation is $23 – $25 USD/hourly depending on experience
- 32-hour per week position
Please send a cover letter, and CV/resumé to Cory Rossnaggel, ATTA Senior Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. As an equal opportunity employer, ATTA requests that you do not include a profile picture nor an address in your application.
ATTA is committed to doing business in an environment of mutual respect and tolerance, treating each other and travelers with respect, professionalism, and conducting business with safety, honesty, and integrity. We’re 100% committed to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, physical appearance, or other facets of personal identity. We will do our best to make accommodations needed for qualified candidates.
About Adventure Travel Trade Association
Established in 1990, the Adventure Travel Trade Association is the largest global network of adventure travel leaders. Our community is made up of ~30,000 individual guides, tour operators, lodges, travel advisors, tourism boards, destination marketing and management organizations, outdoor educators, gear companies and travel media who share a belief and commitment to sustainable tourism. The connections and creativity of this vibrant community come together both virtually and in person to create and deliver the solutions that propel our businesses and our communities toward a responsible and profitable future.