BLACK TRAVEL ALLIANCE
Welcome to Black Travel Alliance. Black Travel Alliance is a professional non-profit organization [501(c)(3)], created in 2020 to encourage, educate, equip and excel black travel professionals in education, media, and corporate positions.
With professional resources and a vast network, Black Travel Alliance is positioned as the organization that is trusted by the industry to directly connect brands with black travel media, as well as to conduct and report research that supports insights and analysis on the black traveler and the state of the industry in relation to black travel professionals.
With our three pillars alliance, amplification, and accountability, we unify to amplify as travel authors, bloggers, broadcasters, journalists, photographers, podcasters, social media influencers, and bloggers.
Thank you for visiting our website, we look forward to working with you.
UPCOMING WAVELENGTH EVENT
GRAB YOUR TICKETS NOW
Black U.S. Leisure Travelers Spent $129.6 Billion on Domestic and International Travel in 2019
MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD
The mission of the Black Travel Alliance is to support Black content creators around the world and increase their representation in the travel industry via various avenues, such as employment, conferences, and media.
Content Creators in Trentino Italy
As travel authors, bloggers, broadcasters, journalists, photographers, podcasters, social media influencers, and vloggers, we unify to amplify. We also aim to provide training and business support to our members, as well as hold destinations and travel brands accountable on the issue of diversity in travel marketing and storytelling.
Photo courtesy of @thetravelingchild
We strive to create a world where Black people are supported and accurately represented in the travel industry. In our press release, we mentioned that we are launching the Black Travel Scorecard to evaluate destination management organizations and travel brands on not just what they say, but also what they do.
Gabby Beckford of the Packs Light Travel Blog
The Black Travel Alliance is collecting Key Performance Indices (KPIs) in these five major areas:
- Employment – Current number and percentage of Black people in management and on staff
- Conferences & Tradeshows – Black representation (number and percentage) on speaker panels, workshops, sessions, etc. in 2019
- Paid Advertising/Marketing Campaigns – Black representation (number and percentage) in TV, radio, print, and digital channels including social media in 2019
- Press – Black representation (number and percentage) on media/press trips in 2019
- Philanthropy – Charitable contributions and support (i.e. mentorship and intern programs, etc.) to Black charities and community groups